Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thinking of You


I'm playing along with this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge. The inspiration teapot features gold and roses, and the recipient is fellow paper crafter Katie Renz who is currently battling stage 4 stomach cancer. I've been linked to her story from a few different places recently and I've been thinking about her and her family so much.

This card came together fairly quickly because a few weeks ago I did a ton of heat embossing all at one time and had these pretty red roses and green leaves from Technique Tuesday's Va Va Va Bloom just sitting there waiting to be put on a card. Va Va Va Bloom is retiring but still available, as of right now, but who knows for how much longer. The sentiment is from the Studio AE September kit. Besides that, I used Making Memories Paperie patterned paper, K&Co gold corrugated cardstock, Papertrey Aqua Mist, and a Martha Stewart Crafts lace tag.

Sending hugs and prayers to Katie and her family.

Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

such a pretty card...yes, I've been following Katie's blog...she is going to love this card...

A Vintage Chic said...

Such a b eautiful card, Laura! The colors just pop--really catch the eye!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend...

Hope your day is wonderful!

Julie

Ann said...

This lovely...the colors are divine. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Tanis said...

Mmmmm....love it. That splash of gold is awesome :)
Katie will love it.

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful card! really like your red rose. Katie will love this!