Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm Not Lion


I have a few hybrid projects to share today, and they're both very manly!

The first one is a valentine treat box I've got published in the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Paper Crafts. The punny playing card is from the Indie Pops Valentines Flashcards digital kit, which is an older kit designed by Tia Bennett. I found the rustic looking box at Michaels in the section near the unfinished woodcrafts, and the suede cord in the jewelry making section.

I have another treat box in this issue which also made it to the online bonus section that you can take a look at here.


This card uses digital elements from 2 new releases this week, the Newsprint Alphas and Autumn Blossom kits. For the sentiment I used my old PSX alpha stamps. I thought "its your day" could work for birthdays or Fathers Day, and I always seem to have a shortage of guy cards so its better to make them versatile.

You can take a look at the rest of the new 2Peas digital releases here.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such neat masculine projects...always tough for me so thanks for the inspirations!

Ann said...

Great guy stuff today, Laura! God knows I'm always looking for masculine ideas! :)

joscelyne cutchens said...

I'm not lion made me giggle ;) and love that dad card, I just loved angie's letters too! :)

Alice Wertz said...

wow! really cool treat box. love them both!

emilia said...

Wow, these two are great! Your ideas are always inspring. Love to visit your blog and get some inspiration!