Monday, November 22, 2010

December Daily


I'm making a December Daily album this year.

Every year I admire these projects and, well, this year I'm in! I'm excited about this project because last year a Christmastime my husband was very sick. We found out that he had stage 3 colon cancer last November, he had surgery on December 15th, then started 6 months of chemo in January. It was a rough holiday season, and I took almost no pictures. But this year thats all behind us. My husband's follow ups are all cancer free! So now that we're (somewhat) back to normal I'm looking forward to a happier holiday this year.

The book I made is 6" x 8". I used Technique Tuesday's Technique Tiles for the base.


I used these 3 stamp sets - December Daily, Life in Pictures, and Holiday Happenings for the little collage on the cover.


I used some patterned paper from October Afternoon's Hometown collection. I was looking for a small print that would look good with the vintage/office supply look of the stamps. I Mod Podged the paper and all of the stamped elements to the cover of the book. One thing I learned the hard way a few years ago is that some inks bleed when you coat them with Mod Podge (example here), but Memento inks don't.


Here's a close up of the stamping. I haven't thought of a plan for how I'm going to do the inside pages yet, but I did fill the book with black cardstock pages because I thought they'd look old time scrapbooky like the cover.

Looking forward to this!


5 comments:

Godelieve said...

Such a wonderful idea Laura!
Beautiful cover.

I'm so happy for you and your family, that everything looks much better and happier now. ♥

Kris Chirhart said...

This is looking beautiful, Laura! I didn't realize the cover was done with the tiles. What a great idea!

Soooo glad that your husband is doing well! Enjoy the holidays with your family. :)

~amy~ said...

soo happy for you and the family..you guys are sure to enjoy this holiday season much more:)

Love your cover for your december daily! I'm going to start working on mine this weekend:)

I have to chuckle, after I read your post yesterday I rushed to the grocery store...thanks for the push to get that done:)

Alana in Canada said...

Great cover. Glad to here your husband is better. What a relief for you.

Alice Wertz said...

looking forward to see the progress of your December Daily. so happy to hear that everyone is doing well in your family, too! =)