Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bloom and Grow


The Featured Stamper at Splitcoast this week is Lynniepoo a/k/a Lynnette Neus. Coincidentally Lynette is also one of the guest Stamping Techs for Technique Tuesday this month. I was excited to get to CASE one of her cards and I picked this one.

Lynette uses a lot of white space and pure white for her cards which scares me a little because 1 smudge stands out like a sore thumb. But a CASE doesn't have to mean exact copy so this is what I came up with. I used Technique Tuesday's Va Va Va Bloom set and Colorbox Chalk inks in Warm Red and Pastel Olive, and Speckletone Madero Beach cardstock instead of the white.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Kathi said...

This is fabulous! I love how you coiled the sentiment. I didn't even realize that was possible!

A Vintage Chic said...

Beautiful card, Laura! Love the stamp you used...just lovely!

I really don't do "white space" cards, either...too hard for me!

Hope your Halloween weekend is a fun one...love your Halloween album from your last post, too--adorable!

Julie

~amy~ said...

g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely stunning ... love those red blooms.

Heidi said...

Beautiful card.

Tiff said...

GORGEOUS!

Casey Wright said...

Beautiful card - just so elegant!

Alice Wertz said...

simply beautiful love this, Laura!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Laura! This is a lovely, elegant card. So classy! :-)