Thursday, September 2, 2010

Studio AE Technique Tuesday


The day before we left for vacation I got some very happy mail. The August kit from Technique Tuesday's Studio AE, a new monthly kit club featuring stamps designed by Ali Edwards. I have to say that thinking about these cool stamps while we were away really motivated me to keep taking pictures and then get the prints ordered as soon as we got home.

I made this photo card to send to my mother in law with her copies of the prints. The card measures 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" and I'm just going to send it all out to her in a 5 x 7 envelope. I tried a few different ink and paper combos for the tag and liked the way the solid image looked stamped on textured cardstock with the white areas showing through. The kids in the photo are my daughter and my nephews. This was the one rainy, cold day of our vacation. It was about 7:30 at night and they decided they wanted to go swimming. I'm standing in the sand with long pants and a sweatshirt taking pictures and they're in the ocean screaming and laughing the whole time!

And if you haven't seen this yet, Teri has posted a call for more Technique Tuesday Stamping Techs. Please apply! Don't even look at how many views the thread has or who else is interested, lol, just send in your best stuff. You don't have to use TT stamps on your submission and the deadline isn't until 9/23.

Supplies: Technique Tuesday Studio AE Summertime Tags stamps; Palette Giverney Green ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Colorbox Warm Red Chalk ink; American Crafts white textured cardstock; American Crafts eyelet; Martha Stewart Crafts bakers twine.

4 comments:

Tanis said...

I LOVE this card. The combo of that stamped panel with the photo....PERFECT!!! The sentiment is awesome too :)

terisplace said...

I love this with crazy love. It's so perfect!

Alice Wertz said...

such a perfect photo for this card! love the texture on the tag, too! beautiful card!! have to take a look at this kit!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE this...fab photo and magnificent card!!