Friday, September 17, 2010

Blessings


I was watching craft day on HSN on thursday and I learned a technique for a product I already own and have never used, Martha Stewart Iridescent Glitter. They demo'd applying the glitter over patterns and some stamped images and showed that it dries partially transparent, so you can still see through to the pattern. I didn't know it worked this way! So I tried it out on these digital brushes released at 2Peas this week that are part of the Betsy Tuma Chloe kit. I just printed out the same leaf 3x in b&w, varying the size and flipping it. Then coated the leaves with Mod Podge as adhesive and used the yellow, orange, and red glitters to coat. I love the look!

The sentiment stamp is part of the Technique Tuesday Studio AE September kit called Sentimentally Yours.

11 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Just gorgeous, Laura! I love irridescent glitter, but haven't tried Martha's....I'll have to get some! I also heard she's got some glow-in-the-dark glitter, so I'm on the hunt!

Love the texture on those leaves, too--a perfect card for fall!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Julie

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so beautiful, Laura! I love the leaves and how you glittered them! The simplicity of the layout is just perfect.

~amy~ said...

Awesome technique...nice that you learned something new without having to buy something new...

Alice Wertz said...

simply fabulous, girl. love this!

Ann said...

Just beautiful...love the simplicity!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is so gorgeous!!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Your card is featured on the Digital Doodles blog today! :)

Lisa H. said...

oh, my! THIS is one gorgeous card. WOW!

Melody said...

I love how simple and sweet this is

Kathi said...

Ooooh. That's fabulous. I bet it's even more fantastic in real life since photos just can't seem to capture sparkly stuff.