Monday, August 30, 2010

Back from vacation


Back since saturday afternoon and still exhausted! But we had a great week. I took lots of pictures and have already edited about 15 of them to start ordering some prints.

Did you see my sidebar? I'm now a Technique Tuesday Stamping Tech! This is a new team headed up by Teri Anderson consisting of Charlene Austin, Kris Chirhart, and myself. TT has recently joined Splitcoast as a member company. They've been there only a few weeks now and have already posted challenges, giveaways, sales, and (coming soon) there will be opportunities for guest Stamping Tech spots.

So when I got home on saturday I hadn't done any crafting all week and busy/tired as I was I poked my head in over at VSN and got working on some of the challenges. The top card I made for the water challenge, which is to use a technique involving water. I Distress painted the Pocket Full of Posies stamp with Dusty Concord and Forest Moss. I forgot how easy and forgiving this technique is! I just dabbed the brush straight to the inkpad and outlined the flower and leaves, then used a wet brush to pull the color towards the center. The sentiment is from Big Mouth and I also used a Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch and washi tape from Love My Tapes.


And this one was a super quickie for the Farm challenge (45 minute time limit for these VSN challenges!) using Technique Tuesday's Dog and Pony Show stamps, Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, and a brown suede cord for an embellishment.

My daughter still has this week off school but Willie goes back tomorrow - yay!

Thanks for stopping by.



6 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great cards.

Kathy Martin said...

Glad your back and had a great time! Love these cards! Congratulations on your new gig! How fun! :)

Tiff said...

You're BACK! Congratulations! I hope you were able to recharge! Your cards are perfect and they couldn't have picked a better gal ;)

Alice Wertz said...

congrats on your ST spot!! love your coloring on the big flower! wonderful cards!

~amy~ said...

woot woot on your TT Gig!!!!! I'll have to check it out over there...

vacations....I always seem to need a vaca after my vaca...

GREAT cards!!!

Kathi said...

Both cards are fabulous. I love the softness of the top card and that super-cute rooster on the second one.

I already congratulated you on your new gig, but one can never had too many congrats & kudos! So congrats again! TT and you will be lovely together!