Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Watermelon Card Set


Since CHA is going on right now there are all sorts of fun events going on at the 2Peas Online Summer CHA Social, like chats and GG challenges, and several free kits were released this week by the digital designers.

I thought this Picnic freebie by Kerry Stewart would be perfect for a set of cards, which is one of the challenges.


I resized the digital paper from 12" x 12" to 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" in Word to shrink the pattern down to card size and also keep the pretty border. The watermelon I resized to 3" x 1 1/2" but there is some air around the image so when cut out they're more like 2 1/2" long.


I've stepped this out before on the blog, and here it is again. To make the fruit sparkle, paint a thin coat of Mod Podge over the fruit then sprinkle with Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter and let dry.


I found a pack of the Martha Stewart doilies (labeled Lace Tags) at Michaels that everyone is altering these days. I thought the watermelons would look cute on doilies and the picnic blanket. I used sentiments from Hero Arts All Occasion Messages clear set.


And here is a close up of one of the finished cards.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

such a pretty CAS card with glittery pow!

Alice Wertz said...

sweet set of cards!! have to try using mod podge for glitter sometime!! thanks for the tips!

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous little set of cards, these will make a great gift! Those doilies are perfect, I'll have to take a trip to Micheals!

Courtney K said...

Love the glitter with mod podge. I'm totally going to have to remember that trick.

Kim said...

This is fabulous Laura!!

Kathi said...

Pretty card. I didn't know you could apply glitter using Mod Podge. I also hadn't seen those doilies. Uh Oh!

Melody said...

Those watermelons are so cute and clever. I just adore the style of your cards.