Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Few Cards


Here are a few of my projects from Jessica Sprague's class.

I didn't vary too much from Jessica's sample cards. For the top card she used the Threading water punch, which I don't have so I used the Martha Stewart Crown punch. She pleated ribbon and I tried the pleating with Washi tape.


This camera card I had some trouble with, specifically making the patterned paper out of some downloadable brushes. I fiddled around for about 3 days I think! My first problem was that I have Elements 6 and I didn't know that the brush tool was located under the pencil tool. Then I had the hardest time making the rows straight. Finally I turned on the gridlines and it really helped. By the time I finished it felt like I had given birth, lol!


I love how the floss ties in the card lining.


And this one is a pop up card. I mixed in some of my own K&Co patterned paper.


I posted a blogaversary giveaway over on the sidebar that my friend, Kathy Racoosin is hosting. She's got some very yummy looking Hero Arts stamps up for grabs, and there's still time to get your name in.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Godelieve said...

I signed up for Jessica's classes too, but didn't have time yet to take a good look.
Love what you did!

Kathy Martin said...

What a fun bunch of cards! All so unique and cool! :)

Charlene said...

WOW what a great bunch of cards!!!

Alice Wertz said...

awww.... love what you did with the class materials! shh.... don't tell anyone that I have yet to do any of my homework for the class.... =) love your cards! thanks for sharing!

alexandra s.m. said...

Great cards, I really like them all ;-)
TFS!

clouds shadler said...

ooh, I like them all, each unique! Very cool Laura!

Hugs
C