Sunday, June 13, 2010

Relax


So the weekend is almost over :( but that's OK because I've got both kids out of school! Mary Rose is done for the summer and Willie's school is all year round (he's Autistic) but he gets a 2 week break in June and another 2 week break in August. He's been in his classroom since he turned 3 in April and he's really adjusted well. I hope this 2 week break doesn't bust his groove. I'm trying to get something planned for every day to keep him as busy as possible. I'm sure it will go quick. We had a super busy weekend and yesterday I remembered to do something that I pretty much abandoned about a year ago - 12 on the 12th. The concept is that on the 12th day of each month you take 12 photos. Its a great way to capture a slice of everyday life and I'm so glad that I remembered (1) that it was the 12th yesterday and (2) to take at least 12 pictures. I'm eyeing up this digital template which I think will be perfect for scrapping my 12.

For the card I used Kathy Martin's newest digi stamp, String Bikini, layered over one of the patterned papers from Shelly Castillo's Some Fun Solids which I trimmed and fringed to try to get it to look like a beach towel.

And if you're here in reader please take a second to check out my new blog banner. I made it with Kitschy Digitals Vintage Camera kit and the AL Uncle Charles font.

Supplies: Kathy Martin String Bikini digi stamp; Shelly Castillo Some Fun Solids; A Muse sentiment; Tim Holtz Texturz Swirls embossing folder; ric rac; American Crafts textured white cardstock; kraft.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Eeee! That bikini is adorable! Love this!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Super cute bikini!!!

Love the new blog header.. Adorable camera:)

~amy~ said...

SWEET card...love the 12 on 12 idea...I eventually want to dabble in digi-scrapbooking:) I LOVE your new banner...sooooo hip!

Anke said...

Gorgeous !!!

Alice Wertz said...

i adore that camera on your new header! so cute!! love the beach towel idea on your card, so clever and fun!! can't wait to see you layout for your 12, really fun concept. have a wonderful day! =)

Kathy Martin said...

Woweeeee...what a bikini ;) You did an awesome job with this card! I LOVE your towel! :)