Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dad's Day Card, and digital image recoloring


Shimelle Laine released a new digital kit this week, You Are Amazing. This kit contains a super trendy woodgrain alphabet along with a digital scrapbooking page template, and it is very reasonably priced at only $2.

For this card I sized and printed the letters at 2" and cut them out. I used my new Tim Holtz Texturz Burlap embossing folder, patterned paper from Basic Grey Origins, and a little twine from alittlescrappy.etsy.com.

Now I'm not sure if everyone knows how to recolor digital images so I'll give a quick step out. I use Photoshop Elements 6.


My "screenshots" are me actually using my camera and taking a picture of my computer, thats why you see the glare. To get to the stage in the above photo I opened up the letter A in Elements, then from the toolbar click Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation.

The Hue slider changes the color. As you can see I slid it all the way to the left until I found the color brown. The Saturation slider makes the color get deeper. I didn't do too much at all with the saturation. Then I slid the Lightness slider to the left to get the shade of brown a little darker. Now you have a manly brown instead of a trendy turquoise.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Great Dad's day card, Laura! Thanks for the re-coloring tutorial, too!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Julie

Ann said...

I love those woodgrain letters! Cool card!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Such a perfect guy card! Simple, but such a great design! Love the lettering!

(-: Heidi

Courtney Baker said...

Oh great card! Thanks for the tutorial too!

judie said...

wow, love this, well done xx

Alice Wertz said...

super dad's day card!! love the simplicity!