Monday, April 5, 2010

Sneak Peek - For the Love of Dots!


Courtney Baker of Practicing Creativity is releasing a new stamp set tomorrow called For the Love of Dots.

I was so happy to get ahold of this one ahead of the release, and here is my first project. The set comes with a fun mix of large, small, open, and interlocking dots and circles. And there are some sentiments in a really cool font!

For this card I used the large strip of big dots stamped in Versafine Deep Lagoon ink. I made the tag with the tiniest strip of dots and one of the sentiments. I used one of the empty metal tag rims that Making Memories sells to be used with their tagmaker tool, but I've discovered that the metal is very soft and if you just sandwich the tag with an acrylic block on your counter and the use heel of your palm you can make a tag without the tool! And I also used some brown suede cord that I found in the jewelry making section of Michaels.

This stamp set goes live at midnight tonight. Courtney has some peeks on her blog that she made along with cards by Heidi Van Laar and Amy Heller. We didn't discuss our cards ahead of time and we all came up with different stuff. It's a very versatile set!


10 comments:

~amy~ said...

fun, fun, fun...that ink color is gorgeous!!!!

Thanks for the info on that apron stamp...woot woot for Ellen...she's local for me:)

Courtney Baker said...

I love that ink color as well! So pretty! Fabulous job girl and THANK YOU so much!

Laural-Lee said...

Love the fun blue to go with fun dots!!! Great card.

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous card, Laura!! love those big dots!!

Heidi Van Laar said...

This is fabulous Laura! I love the simple design and the navy and cream are great together!

(-: Heidi

Amy Heller said...

What a great card, Laura!! I love how you used the mini dots on the tag! Fab!

Be(e) said...

Gorgeous!! Love the tag too!

clouds shadler said...

cute cute! Laura, I luv the blue dots, so fun!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Carly said...

This is so fabulous!

Kathi said...

Oooh. I like this. Great color and those dots are really cool.