Saturday, April 17, 2010

Life Scrapblock

Well the week just flew by for me. I peeked the Life Scrapblock on tuesday and before I knew it I had missed the release day!

Here are my other projects. A card with the Scrapblock, some Basic Grey Origins, and Tim Holtz Alterations.

And a scrapbook page!


I fiddled around with this simple page for days. I haven't scrapped since the fall, and I got rusty! The page size is 8" x 8" which is a size I started doing when I had Willie. I scrap mostly 8" x 8" or 8 1/2" x 11" these days and really because the albums fit in my bookcases better. I used Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg, an October Afternoon die cut, and the "step by step" on the tag is one of the phrases on the scrapblock.

I took this picture of my husband and Willie 2 weeks ago. He had just finished his 6th round of chemo and he's usually pretty tired when the pack comes off so I took my daughter to her softball practice and while Willie and I were playing at the park by the practice field he showed up and surprised us.

And Cornish Heritage Farms has set up a page on Facebook. If you'd like to become a fan here's the link.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Very cool page and card! Good you are having some scrapping fun this weekend! :)

Alice Wertz said...

i love both of your projects, Laura! i love the layering on the layout. beautiful use of that stamp!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Love the intricate look of your card, with all these layers of patterned paper! Sophisticated!

Julie said...

Great card, Laura! Love that new block! SO glad your husband felt good enough to go out and play! Such an adorable picture--what a sweet boy you have!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I'm with you! I'm super rusty! Both are so cute!