Friday, April 23, 2010

A Fond Farewell


Cornish Heritage Farms is releasing a new stamp set today called A Fond Farewell. It's a small, reasonably priced set that contains this wonderful woodcut image and a few sentiments. I paired it with stamps from On The Desk , my Tim Holtz Alterations die, and Cuttlebug Herringbone folder.

Its a big day here. Willie turns 3!

We had his playgroup birthday party on wednesday and brought in cupcakes to his preschool yesterday for his last day. We've also been saying goodbye to therapists this week which is really bittersweet and I'm going to miss them so much. Willie is autistic, and here in PA all of the services are home based until age 3. At 3 and up services are provided in a classroom which is 4 days a week and 12 months a year. This is a good thing and he needs this so much, but the whole transition process has been stressing me out like a crazy woman as you can imagine!
But today is a good day. And tomorrow is my birthday. I turn 43. I celebrated my 40th birthday in the maternity ward with a new baby. Best birthday ever, te he!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh I love your card....lovin' all the shapes and texture...that boy of yours is stinkin' a-dorable...soo sorry for all the transition right now with Willie's therapists...hang in there!

OMGoodness....happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

JeanFB said...

You've set off that gorgeous image beautifully, Laura! Happy Birthday to Willie and to You - what a lovely time for both of you! Eat lots of cake for me, 'kay?

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Laura! I'll head over and check out the new set--looks like one I'll be having a hard time resisting!

Transitions are tough...sorry you're going through it right now--you'll be fine, though!

Willie is just too sweet--what a face! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope your day is wonderful in every way!

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely card and a very ADORABLE photo of the little guy! :)

Claudette said...

adorable little guy you have....
Great cards, was just surfing around you blog and you inspired me to get out those stamps.:) Been playing with papers lately and just embellishments.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Laura!! I had just had baby number two when I turned 40...it is a delightful present, isn't it! And Happy Birthday to your sweet boy, he's so adorable!

Alice Wertz said...

Happy Birthday to Willie and you!!! =) your boy is so adorable! thanks for sharing the pretty card, too! hope you have a wonderful weekend! =)