Saturday, March 6, 2010

Light


I have a few digi/hybrid cards to share today. This top one is from a kit designed by Wilna Furstenberg that I'm really in love with, Fly Away. This kit is full of funky birds and more designed by Wilna, and when they're printed out on textured cardstock they really look as if they were painted on canvas. To keep the painty look going I gessoed and then painted some white cardstock with pink acrylic paint and threw in a few craft store feathers as an embellishment.


For this one I used some die cuts and patterned papers from Michelle Underwood's kit I Heart Spring. For the sentiment I used my Hero Arts Simple alphabet stamps.

There were a few free kits released at 2Peas this week that are worth a look. I think they'd be great for cardmaking and, of course, digi scrapbooking. Check out Courtship by Stacy Marks. So pretty and vintagey! And So Lucky by Tricia Chapman is the perfect St. Patty's Day kit. Pretty greens, shamrocks, cool type, and no scary leprechauns!

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

What fun digi cards...thanks for the linkies to the freebies...I actually ended up downloading a couple free kits...one even has OWLS!!! woot woot!

Jessica said...

These are super cute, Laura!!!!