Monday, March 29, 2010

Go To Sketches


Paper Crafts has a new special issue out called Go To Sketches that I was lucky enough to have a few cards published in.

We're allowed to share 1 on our blogs so here he is, Greetings Earthling. See how he's resting on the vase? He tilts. I almost didn't submit this card when I saw the tilt but I just propped it against the vase and submitted it with a little note explaining the tilt and they took him anyway. He's propped up nicely in the magazine, too.

The stamps I used are from Odd Bird Planet, which is temporarily closed :( however there are still plenty of OBP stamps available at Paper Garden, Limelight Papercrafts, and Limetart.

And here are a few more cards that I submitted to this call that didn't get picked up and I never posted. Its not that I didn't like them. I probably just got sidetracked with other things. I have craft ADD sometimes!


This one was for the first sketch in the book. Sassafrass papers and a sentiment from Sideshow Stamps.


This stamp (Catslife Press) I think is supposed to go on the back of the card but I like it better this way.


Some summery vegetables and a gingham tablecloth using Cornish Heritage Farms stamps.


And a treat bag topper made with Kim Hughes stamps.

Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

You have been a busy lady! What a fun bunch of cards! And candy! YUM! :)

Laural-Lee said...

These are all fabulous Laura. I love your use of bright bold colours. Beautiful glitter moon and I love that sentiment that reads "Don't you dare think about throwing this away" Made me laugh.

Godelieve said...

Congrats Laura!!
Oh, so many great cards!
I think a lot of your cards would deserve to be published, they are always fresh looking, unique and pretty.

Tiffany Heilman said...

Lovely card! Love the colors you used in these lovelies. I really love the heck Yeah sentiment...I think I need it! Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Van Laar said...

All just gorgeous! Love your rocket ship card...I remember seeing it in there! Adorable!

(-: Heidi

~amy~ said...

cute stuff...really love the rocket card...