Thursday, February 18, 2010

You're Dandy


I treated myself to Courtney Baker's new stamp set You're Dandy, and here is my first card.

The simple design of the images in this set are the perfect backdrop for so many of the birds and little critters I already have in my stash. This one, Chick With Flower from Rubber Soul, has never even been inked up until now! I masked off the flower to have him holding the kite from the stamp set. I was a little worried about stamping the rays because sometimes large solid images can distribute the ink unevenly but believe it or not this one here is my first try. I used Palette Paris Lights ink and it worked great.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Clean, crisp & absolutely adorable, Laura! Hope you're doing well & having a beautiful day!

Tanis said...

Love it! Those rays are SUPER cool.

Tiff said...

This is amazing!

Courtney Baker said...

Laura this is stinkin' FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for buying my set!

Heidi Van Laar said...

OMGoodness, this is adorable! So bright and happy, I just love it!

(-: Heidi

Nicole Maki said...

So cheerful.

I too am wary about really large images being uneven - it's amazing that this was your first try. What a great stamp (and a great stamper).

Debbi said...

Super card! Makes me wish for warmer weather (oh, wait, I was already wishing for warmer weather, lol!)

Laural-Lee said...

I love the sun rays Laura! Awesome job! IT is a really Dandy set isn't it?

Godelieve said...

Fabulous design Laura!

ryannmarin said...

So cute Laura! I picked up this set too but still need to get it inky!