Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winterfest 2010


It's Winterfest at 2Peas. A few times a year the members of the 2Peas Stamping Board organize a week of member sponsored stamping challenges. This year I'm hosting a challenge that I'm calling Tra-Digi (traditional + digital). I used the HA Big Brown Owl for my sample card above, and the stamp is from a Hero Arts clear stamp set, Trees, Birds, and Messages. 2Peas has a great selection of digital products and if you browse the store "priced low to high" from the dropdown, all of the free kits will show up first.


This one I did for the Stamp Lit challenge, which is to create a stamped project inspired by a book. I was scratching my head on this one, but luckily Be Who You Are is the title of a self help book so I was able to do this challenge. The stamps are Hanging Plants and Be Whoo You are from Stamping Bella.



I'm combining 2 challenges here - Distress inks and Spray inks. The background stamp is the Cornish Heritage Farms Newspaper Ads Scrapblock which I stamped in Pine Needles Distress ink. The tag is from 7Gypsies Victoria line. It comes in a pack of I think 20 tags and they're all heavy weight and gorgeous! I misted both the background and the tag with Suede and Pearl Glimmer Mist. The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms Mothers Day Centers.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh I'm sooo loving your owlie cards!!!

JeanFB said...

OMG, Laura, all three of these projects are absolutely delightful!! So creative and cheery!