Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Have News



Mellypea sent an email on Tuesday, and when I looked over both shoulders and there was no one else in the room I assumed she was talking to me. I guess she liked my hybrid cards! So things went very quickly with getting set up and here is the first card I made featuring one of this week's new digital releases:



I mixed up some American Crafts patterned papers and a Hero Arts sentiment stamp with a little birdie from the Cute and Wild Stickers kit by Vinnie Pearce. I printed the bird on white cardstock at 2" high, then flipped the bird (te he!) so that it would be right facing and printed it at 3" high.


This one features an image from the ATC Card Elements kit, also by Vinnie Pearce. This kit is pure eye candy! It was hard to pick which ATC to print, but I went with this fancy bird and printed it at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" on white textured cardstock. The patterned paper and tape are from 7 Gypsies. I added some copper glitter, ribbon, button, and another Hero Arts sentiment.


These were fun to make. And it was a great week for me to start because there were +80 new digital kits released. If you haven't seen them yet you can take a look here.

We're getting a ton of snow here today and both kids are home from school. I can't wait for spring!

Thanks for visiting.

Supplies (1st card): Vinnie Pearce Cute and Wild Stickers digital kit; American Crafts Dear Lizzy Spring Friendly Fern and Heat Wave Creamy Coconut patterned papers; Hero Arts Bird Greetings sentiment stamp.

Supplies (2nd card): Vinnie Pearce ATC Card Elements digital kit; 7 Gypsies Victoria 6" x 6" patterned paper; 7 Gypsies Venice patterned tape; Martha Stewart Crafts Copper glitter; Martha Stewart Crafts Putty Seam Binding Tape; Autumn Leaves button, hemp, Hero Arts sentiment stamp.



13 comments:

Jenn said...

CONGRATS! :D

that first card is adorable

Tanis said...

YIPPEE!!! Congrats Laura!

Amy Heller said...

WOW - Congrats!!!! Big News!! :)

~amy~ said...

woooooo hooooooo!!! congrats...I love both of your cards...

scrapcat said...

Welcome to the team! your hybrid cards are awesome!

Godelieve said...

Congratulations Laura!! So well deserved!

JeanFB said...

Congrats, Laura! I've been enjoying seeing your work with the 2Peas digis - and these two new cards are gorgeous, too!

Laural-Lee said...

Congrats Laura! You deserve the honour. I absolutely adore that first card!

heidi said...

Congratulations Laura :)

Jennifer Kirk said...

Wow, Laura! That's awesome awesome! :) Congrats!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see more of these super projects!

Silvergirl said...

Congratulations, Laura!!! Your designs are always amazing!!!

hugs,
lise

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! Super big congratulations! Woooo-hoooo! :-)

By the way, my blog has moved! My new location is http://www.gaalcreative.com!