Saturday, February 6, 2010

GS #24


I'm playing along with Get Sketchy this week. This is a great sketch to add a little something extra to a card featuring a scene. I used stamps from a few different Kim Hughes stamp sets and some patterned papers from Colorbok Friendly Forest. I used these papers quite a bit when they first came out and I was looking at them this morning thinking it was time to just finish them off. So I have 3 - 5 more 1/2 done cards with some cute paper pieced trees and woodsy critters. Yay!



And did you hear about all of the snow we're getting in the northeast?


Here's my daughter and my husband shoveling our walk. She's got on her sports prescription glasses. These are not her regular glasses, lol! We even got a few more inches after they shoveled. My husband had his second round of chemo this week and he should not have been out shoveling but he's determined to still do stuff, you know how men are. He was wrapped from head to toe and I was watching them the whole time. The snow is powdery and not heavy, so good for him!

Supplies: Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Trees, squirrel from Spring Trees, and sentiment from Making the Grade; Colorbok Friendly Forest patterned papers; Speckletone cardstock; Martha Stewart Crafts Persimmon seam binding tape.


10 comments:

Ann said...

What a CUTE card, Laura! I love it!

Yikes on all that snow! Tell your hubby to take it easy...

Smart Ass Sara said...

Awesome card!! :)

Jo, Paul & Jade said...

Wow I just love your card! And how about all that snow!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Super duper cute card!!!!!!

OH my that's a lot of snow!!!!

Hope your DH did not overdue it.. but, like you said that is how men are and he was probably happy as a clam!!!

Laurel said...

love, love, love this! Thanks for playing at GS!

Angèle said...

This is such a cute card! I love the bright colors of this little scene!

Jessica said...

Lovely card, Laura!!! TFS

Tiff said...

Your card ROCKS! And, mom, didn't you know, GEEK chic is SO in right now! ;)

~amy~ said...

such a darling card...I've been hoarding my colorbok's:)

Dora said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!
thanks for playing!