Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Purrfect Friends


Cornish Heritage Farms released a new stamp set today, and if you're a cat person you'll be needing Purrfect Friends!

I thought it was a great idea to include a sympathy sentiment in the mix.


And this one is just silly. Long haired cats always have that serious, regal look to them. The crown is from the Cornish Heritage Farms set A Royal Birthday.

We got some great news a few days ago that there have been arrests made from our house robbery. A 17 year old boy an his 18 year old girlfriend. They are charged with 3 house robberies and 12 cars! What is this world coming to? There is a hearing on thursday that I will have to attend, so I'll let you know how that goes.

And my husband starts his chemo next week. Aack! its still so hard to comprehend. We were sitting in the oncologists office this morning surrounded by patients in their 70's and 80's and thinking "what are we doing here? we have a 2 year old!" The protocol he's going to be on is called folfox. The chemo takes place every 2 weeks for 6 months. He has to have a port installed on friday which will allow the chemo to be administered through a portable pack that he will wear for 2 days, then have the pack removed and go 1 1/2 weeks before the next round. But, the tumor is out and everything happening from now on is insurance that the cancer won't come back.

Supplies: Cornish Heritage Farms Purrfect Friends and A Royal Birthday stamps; patterned papers from Basic Grey and Making Memories Paperie; Spellbinders Nestabilitied scalloped oval and large labels die; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; Martha Stewart Crafts coarse glitter; Ranger gold EP and embossing ink.

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous cards...love them both...sooo glad they made some arrests but really, what IS this world coming too?! Sending good wishes to you guys for your hubby's upcoming treatments...

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Yeah for the arrest! Where the heck are their parents???

Happy thoughts being sent your way for your dh... happy thoughts...

Sweet kitty card...

Jessica said...

Lovely cards, Laura!! I'm not really a cat person but these are super cute. I'll be praying for you and your husband as he gets ready to begin treatments :)

PamS said...

I found your blog today from Becky Olsen's site...I like to click on what other people have listed on their side bars. I think that it must have been for a reason that I chose your name today. Yesterday I sat in the oncologists' office with my husband. He is now cancer free for 5 years and everyday is a blessing with him. He is now on a schedule of 6 months checkups and that is also a major breakthrough.
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Kim said...

Laura - It sounds like good news all around! Amen!! The six months of chemo will have it's difficulties but once it's over, Lord willing, it will be over for good!! Continuing to hold you in our prayers! XXOO (And, of course, your cards are delightful!)

Kathi said...

The cards are wonderful. As a cat lover, I'll need to get that set. My long hair is the Jr. Queen in my house.

I'm glad that the creeps were arrested. I hope that you get your stuff back.

I'll keep your dh in my thoughts.