Saturday, January 2, 2010

Many Thanks


More hybrid cards!

When I found the free digi kit at 2Peas I've been playing around with the last few days I also found a wonderful Hero Arts Snowy Day digital kit for only $2.

Since my husband has been sick we've received so many thoughtful gifts - plants, flowers, fruit baskets, breakfast baskets, homemade chicken soup, books, etc. We've sent out all of the thank you cards I have in my stash that weren't too frilly/silly for what we've got going on right now. So now I'm mass producing this card. I just love this image. It really looks like the part of Pennsylvania we live in. And I think the purple frame is stylish and unexpected.

To make this I opened the image in Elements and resized it to 4.5" on the long side, printed it on textured white cardstock and cut it out. The Distressed Grid background and Cursive Expressions sentiment are from Cornish Heritage Farms.

8 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Gorgeous card Laura!
Thanks for sharing your techniques and supplies! It sure helps those of us (me) that are still scratching their heads about the digi thing!

Godelieve said...

I've been looking at this kit on 2Peas, love how you used it. Really gorgeous cards! The grid background goes so well with the image.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous stuff laura...really love it!

Julie said...

Perfectly beautiful, Laura! I'm so glad you've been the recipients of so much goodness--you certainly deserve it! The cards are wonderful--how lucky to live in such a lovely place!

Tiff said...

This is so gorgeous....it has so much heart and meaning...BIG hugs! I'm thinking of your family always.

Missus Wookie said...

What a lovely card, simple and elegant. Glad your family have had support during a difficult time.

Courtney Baker said...

Great card. I used to do digi scrapbooking a ton and for some reason I've been resisting getting into it for cardmaking!

Kathi said...

It's a lovely thank you card. I wish that my area didn't look snowy like that right now. :D

I haven't dipped into the digital, but you sure have tempted me.

The grid background is amazing. I love CHF's backgrounders... I just can't decide which to get, so I end up with none. <---not a bad thing!