Monday, January 4, 2010

Grin and Bear It


Isn't this Kim Hughes bear the cutest ever? I got the Cosmo Cricket Earth Love collection awhile ago and haven't used it much. I think it's perfect with these outdoorsy images and also will be great with some of the Trees stamp collections that Kim designed.

We're still sending out thank you cards and this one goes to one of my daughter's friends. When this sweet girl and her dad found out that we got robbed they stopped over to visit with a card and an Aeropostale gift card!

You're not going to believe this, another one of my neighbors got robbed on New Years. They were away, and the thieves came in through a basement window like with our house but then went upstairs and really ransacked the place. So needless to say everyone on the street is on pins and needles about these robberies and how these thieves seem so confident that they will not get caught.

And my husband is still recovering and getting stronger each day since the surgery. We did get the pathology report back which found a little more cancer, though. The sample contained 38 lymph nodes and 3 had cancer. So now he has an appt with an oncologist on friday and we start the next phase of this journey.

Supplies: Cornish Heritage Farms Bear Hugs stamps; CHF Simply Smooth Vanilla cardstock; Cosmo Cricket Earth Love patterned papers; Copics; Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

9 comments:

Godelieve said...

Yes, that IS a really cute bear, love your card!
I'm sorry to read about the robbery. I missed that in the other post.
Scary!
Take care...

~amy~ said...

darling kim hughe/cosmo cricket card...love the teamwork:) good grief about all the robberies...I'm sooo sorry...get well wishes to your hubby too...you have quite the full plate Laura...hang in there!

Tanis said...

SO super cute!
Praying that all goes well on Friday...and that healing will be swift!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Such a cute card. I am sorry sorry about your husband. I can't imagine.

Nicole Maki said...

I'll be praying for you on Friday. Hope all goes well and the oncologist has a good plan to work through this.

The robberies sound very scary. I hope they catch the creeps right away. How awful.

Your card is adorable. You have a real gift for design.

Ann said...

What a cutie pie bear! So sorry to hear about hubby...sending prayers your way...

Laural-Lee said...

The Bear is adorable. A great choice of paper and stamps. Sorry to hear about the turn of poor luck but blessings to you in the New year.

Tiffany said...

This is really delightful! How cute! Full of fun and flair! I love this card!

Kathi said...

The bear is adorable and your card is great. I do love Kim's stamps.

The robbery thing is really so very scary. I'm just glad that people are okay and that the burglars didn't get violent.

I'm keeping you and your dh in my thoughts.

{{((hugs))}}