Friday, December 11, 2009

Write It On Your Heart


I wrote up a Product Spotlight this morning on the Cornish Heritage Farms forum for some Walnut inks they got in the store (on sale for the next week!). This stuff never loses its appeal.


For this card I used the Eucalyptus to dye the twill. When I first sprayed it up it was a dark olive, then I held it under running water until the color faded to where I wanted it to be.


And for this one I gave the tag a good soak with the Java spray to get it to a nice coffee bean brown.

It is freezing here in PA today. We went to the grocery store this morning and it was too cold even to walk next door to AC Moore. Now you know its cold if I'm skipping the craft store.

Happy weekend, everyone!


Supplies: Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiqueing Sprays; Cornish Heritage Farms On The Desk and Distressed Grid Scrapblock stamps; & Gypsies and Tim Holtz patterned papers; Artistic Scrapper cork tag; twill; shipping tags; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spellbinders Nestabilities Pinking Circles die

5 comments:

Tanis said...

OH these are AMAZING!!!
I was giving my stamps to my mom (who collects them)...but I think I may have to hoard some for myself after seeing that beauty :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Your cards are great! I love those tags! The ink looks really nice too...will jot that down!

Julie said...

Oh, what beautiful cards, Laura! I have some of that stain and have never used it--now I know what to do!

It's a sad, cold day when a girl can't walk into a craft store...I'm going to be sad for you all day. I can't go to mine today cuz I've spent all my money!

Stay cozy and warm!

melonybradley said...

Laura- I just adore your style! Thanks for sharing. These cards brighten up a winter day

danisoul said...

wow....you do such nice work laura. really cool. and yes, that would have to be reeaally cold to skip the craft store...ha! hope it's a little warmer now :)