Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tuesday Trigger


I haven't played along with the Tuesday Trigger in a few weeks, it's good to be back!

Carolyn King submitted this one, and she used the Cornish Heritage Farms moose stamp for her sample (which I don't have!). I made a substitution and used the Bear Hugs bear, which is almost as cute as the moose.


A few weeks ago I was cutting out some new stamps when my son's occupational therapist arrived for his appointment. She saw the stamps when she walked in and said "Are those rubber stamps? I love stamps!" It turns out she and her mom have been stamping, mostly through Stampin' Up! parties, since she was in high school. I wanted to buy her a few sets and wasn't sure what she'd like, but she's super cute and so is the Bear Hugs set so I got her Bear Hugs and also Birds and the Bees because I think the beehive/honey is a nice accessory for the bear. She loved them! She goes camping, which I didn't even know when I picked out the stamps. Anyway, we'll give her this one for her christmas card.

Supplies: Cornish Heritage Farms Bear Hugs stamps; Cornish Heritage Farms Simply Smooth vanilla cardstock; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; red and green cardstock; hole punch.

8 comments:

Sharron said...

So cute--the bear definitely is as cute as a moose!

lynn said...

love the bear!

dustypenny said...

Cute bear card! Good swap!

travelingmama said...

This is sooo cute! And how fun to find kindred spirits!

Sylvia said...

What a cute bear! Cute card as well!

Carolyn King said...

adorable. love the substitued bear---he is so cute too!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

too too too cute! I love that platter and your take on it with the polar bear card is perfect!

Cath said...

What a cute approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger, Laura! Thanks for playing along! :)