Wednesday, December 16, 2009

i *heart* u


Another card I made using the Love Scrapblock that Cornish Heritage Farms will release on friday.

My husband had his surgery yesterday. The tumor was removed and colon reattached. We were at the hospital most of the day and I got to see him when he was moved to his room at about 5:00 last night. He looked worn and the way you would look after a major surgery. He's as comfortable as they can make him and when I spoke with him this morning he said he was able to sleep off and on during the night for maybe 20 minutes at a time. The surgeon said that the tumor was large, probably golf ball size, but had not penetrated the colon wall. They've sent everything to pathology and we'll know thursday or friday more on the cancer and if any chemo will be needed. But one thing at a time. It was a long day and I'm glad it's over! Willie spent the day with my daughter and sister in law and he did great! I've never spent that much time away from him, and he really didn't seem that stressed when I got home. For the longest time he's been really dependant on me and maybe that was a phase that has passed. Because of h1n1 I'm not allowed to bring either of our kids to visit so its nice to know that he'll be OK when I'm not here. I put away all of my craft supplies before my in laws got here, then of course I really wanted to make something so I pulled just a few things back out and did a card for Etsy Inspired. I'll get a pic and post that later.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Beautiful card and love that background stamp! Pray things go well for your dh...mine has his own test coming in Jan for stomach/IBS issues. No fun, that is for sure!

Godelieve said...

Love your card Laura. Amazing clean look, and strong message :)

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery. I hope everything turnes out ok, with no chemo needed.

Good to hear that Willy did so well. I'm sure his big sis is taking good care of him too. Must be quite a relief for you.

Thinking of you and your family a lot!! Take care ♥

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Yeah for your husband and your son!!! So glad things are going well... one day at a time...

Gorgeous card.

Happy Holidays!

Julie said...

Love your beautiful card, Laura!

So glad everything went well with the surgery--what a relief! Happy to hear your son did so well--takes a little of your stress and worry away, doesn't it?!

Hope you can relax just a little and enjoy some beautiful quiet time with your family!

~amy~ said...

Great card Laura...crossing my fingers for you guys!!