Saturday, December 19, 2009

All Creatures Great and Small



I made this for the Moxie Fab Creatures Great and Small challenge, but also because I'm finding myself a few Christmas cards short :o and Christmas now less than a week away.

This is a case of something Godelieve made last winter. I'm pretty sure it was Godelieve even though I can't seem to find her card on her blog. This card is 4" x 4", so you can imagine how tiny these skating owls are!

My husband is still in the hospital and probably won't come home until tomorrow or Monday. He's doing well, walking and sitting up as much as he can. He's been drinking sips of water but no food yet. He says if it were up to him he'd never eat again, he's scared for anything to go through! My in laws were here all week and they were such a big help. They went home last night because we're in the middle of a big snowstorm so we won't be going to the hospital today and they wanted to wait out the snow at their house. Last night my daughter and I watched Julie and Julia on demand. Loved it! We stayed up late and watched the whole thing. In the beginning of the movie the Julie character talks about how cooking helps her feel better after a rough day at her office job, and I immediately got out my stamps! Everything was put away while my in laws were here. So I made this card while we watched the movie and I have a few other half done projects that I'm looking forward to finishing up while we're snowed in.

Supplies: Odd Bird Planet Skating Owls and Frosting Only Cupcake stamps; Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder; Martha Stewart Crafts adhesive ribbon.

10 comments:

Godelieve said...

Love your card Laura! Can't believe you remembered mine :) My card had only one owl skating on top of the cupcake.
You must be looking forward to having your husband back home.
Good idea to start stamping again, it's relaxing and your cards are always beautiful!

Julie said...

Great card, Laura! Stamping definitely helps release the stress--as does a great movie--LOVE "J & J"! Hope your husband continues to improve so wonderfully, and that things will feel semi-normal by Christmas!

Ann said...

SO cute! The colors really pop!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my! those little skating owls are just too cute! they cracked me up skating along the frosted cupcake!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Laura, What a lovely blog you have and the card for the Moxie Fab challenge is fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Hero Arts blog hop. I know you will LOVE the coffee stamp as soon as I saw your blog banners! Like you, I totally can relate to Julie and Julia about stamping. LOVE that movie,too! Hope your husband have a speedy recovery! Merry Christmas! PS: my relatives also live in West chester, PA. Small world, huh?

Kim said...

Laura, I had no idea you had so much going on with your hubby...I will definitely keep your family in my prayers. The news sounds positive so far so will pray that you guys caught it early. XXOO

Courtney Baker said...

Way cute and those really must be tiny!

Hope your hubby gets home soon!

Heidi Van Laar said...

This is so adorable!

(-: Heidi

Cath said...

Hey Laura! Thanks for entering the All Creatures Great & Small Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! Happy holidays! :)

Amy Heller said...

So cute, Laura! Congrats on your win! Happy Holidays!