Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday Trigger


Wow! Cath picked my inspiration piece for this week's Tuesday Trigger!

I submitted this the first week of this challenge feature on the Moxie Fab blog. Inspiration challenges are my favorite kind and while I have a big, fat folder of magazine clippings I don't have a whole lot bookmarked on my computer so I had to look around a little to find this one. Isn't it funny that Cath wrote that I call the Vintage Findings kits cardmakers crack? But its true! Every week I get the Michaels coupon and I'm telling myself "No, no, don't go you don't need anything... well, OK, just go get one of the little kits to get you through the week." lol! So this card came together pretty quick thanks to my crack and a Panera Bread sleeve. And the sentiment is from the Cornish Heritage Farms set Classic Essential Expressions.

I can't wait to see who plays along with my challenge. And if you like this kind of thing Cath is taking submissions through the end of December. You should submit one, too.


10 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is beautiful. I just love the touches of gold!

Tanis said...

YAY Laura! I saw you there this morning....I really should find a good photo and go for it :)
AMAZING card!

Ann said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creation, Laura! I LOVE the blue & gold together!

~amy~ said...

such a lovely inspiration piece Laura...I LOVE your take on it and how exciting that Cath picked it up...how could she resist??!!! I have some ideas brewing and hope to play this weekend:)

Jessica said...

Super funny, Laura!!! I so totally understand (Michaels coupon). I guess it takes one to know one :) As far as the trigger inspiration, Congrats!! i think the image is amazing and your card is breath taking. This is off the charts. Love the colors, so elegant :) TFS

Angelnorth said...

Congrats on getting your choice picked up as the Trigger! I'll have a think and see if I can fit it in if tomorrow turns into a stamping day, as I hope! Love your card, the sentiment sets it all off perfectly!

JeanFB said...

Fabulous, Laura!! How neat to be chosen - it's a great inspiration piece, and a gorgeous card (I have that kit, too, but I'm hoarding it, LOL!)

Laural-Lee said...

This is just beautiful. The bird is fab and the blue flower just adds a fantastical touch.

lynn said...

oh, i love the gold touches-wonderful card for this challenge!

pattiwest said...

Lovely card!!