Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tuesday Trigger


Week 3 of the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. Kim Crawford submitted these over-the-top fantastic carved pumpkins for us to be inspired by this week. My pumpkins are taking the week after halloween off, but I loved the lacy cutwork and the pale green/cream/butter/orange color combo.


I broke in my new Martha Stewart Around the Page Scallop punch (sorry I couldn't find a direct link) for this. I missed out on the loopy punch when it first came out. My 2 big box craft stores sold out and never restocked. However they just got in a few new styles so I bought this one right away. I'm one of those people who had problems with some of her punches in the past. I found that the detailed ones would not cut through cardstock, and chewed up thin paper. Once I found the right paper weight I had trouble with getting the embossing to look even. Over the summer my local photography shop, which has a small scrapbooking section, had a scrapbooking garage sale with proceeds to benefit the SPCA and I unloaded all of my "problem" punches. But I'm happy to say that this around the page thing works great!

So once I punched out my rectangle it reminded me of a placemat that you'd see in a diner. I got my mugs and cake stand from Cornish Heritage Farms The Cafe and colored them pale green to look like Fire King Jadite. The patterned paper is from Making Memories.

14 comments:

Godelieve said...

Beautiful! Love the place-mat look :)

Amy said...

Oooh, so cute! Looks like you had a go with the border punch! Great job, I love it!

~amy~ said...

love this laura...soooo fabulous...the colors are magnificent!!! Nice new punch too!

Jessica said...

I just saw these punches good to know you recommend them :) I love your take on this weeks trigger. Great colors and perfect design. TFS

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful image panel and love the dp and stitching.

Julie said...

FABULOUS card, Laura! Love the diner look & feel--great placemat! I keep looking at those MS punches, but haven't bought one yet--think you just pushed me over the edge! (where's my 40% off coupon?!) Love the color combination--just vintage & wonderful!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

these pumpkins are stunning, I adore your card that was inspired by them....fabulous take on the inspiration...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

clouds shadler said...

Awesome punch, I am totally planning on getting them :D Awesome card, luv the cake stand! Luv the colors, gosh, your card is super!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Kimberly Crawford said...

GORGEOUS use of the Martha punch! LOVE your colors too!!! Its just fabulous, Laura!! :)

Angelnorth said...

Love the placemat look with the punches and the subtle colour is lovely!

Maren said...

This is AMAZING!!! Love that place mat look. PERFECT!

Maren
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Wonderful use of colors for the challenge! The border has a great effect.

Cath said...

Hey Laura! What a super fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger! Love it! :)

Winter said...

So cute! I love it! :)