Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Set of Tags


Pink Persimmon has a sketch challenge up on their blog right now, and as soon as I saw it I thought of tags.


I made these yesterday afternoon while my little guy took a nap. The tags are from Martha Stewart Crafts and come with the preset eyelets and the red and white floss. I used stamps from Pink Persimmon's Little Cuties set.


Patterned papers are from Jenni Bowlin and Basic Grey Nook and Pantry. The Santa and Reindeer ribbon is from Martha Stewart Crafts, and it's adhesive backed.


And here is the whole set:


In other news we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I always do quite a bit of prep on Wednesday so I'm not running around like a crazy woman on Thanksgiving day, and my daughter was a big help. My husband stayed in bed until pretty much right before everyone showed up so I'm glad I hosted and we didn't have to drive anywhere.

And yesterday I did my first ever Black Friday shopping. I got an email earlier in the week from Staples with their sales and they had some great prices on HP laptops. They were opening at 6:00 and I didn't get there until 8:30 and with a 2 year old in tow, but they still had 2 left so I got one! I got a ton of stuff to go with it, also on sale, like the Office software, Norton, wireless mouse, and a printer. My daughter will be thrilled! She asked for a laptop and totally is not expecting to get one.

Hope everyone's having a nice holiday weekend!

11 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Adorable set of tags! I love that red and white twine...

So glad your holiday was beautiful! And congrats on the big shopping success...

Happy thoughts to all...

Tanis said...

SWEET SWEET tags! I love them all :)
and yay for snagging the laptop!
Still thinking of you guys....

Julie said...

Fabulous tags, Laura! Love those Pink Persimmons--so sweet!

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was lovely--and hope you can rest a bit now that the hosting is over!

So glad you got that laptop! She will be thrilled!!! Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks, as always, for stopping by for a visit--and I LOVE "Miss Potter"! Been thinking about it a bunch lately, which probably means it's time to watch it again!

Laural-Lee said...

Those tags are great! I love your style! So happy that you had a wonderful thanksgiving and that your dh got some rest.

You are a brave woman to take your 2 year old shopping on Black Friday! He must be an angel or you're just very brave.

~amy~ said...

You've done a magnificent job with those martha tags as your base...super darling stuff Laura!

Darcy said...

Laura! Those tags are the cutest! Would it be OK if we put these in the gallery at Pink Persimmon? Great use of the sketch. - Darcy

Tiffany Heilman said...

Laura, these tags are so stinkin' sweet!

JeanFB said...

Absolutely adorable, Laura! Good luck with everything today :)

Courtney Baker said...

Wow - these are so fun. I especially love the one with the dog!

Kathi said...

Those tags are great. My favorite is the pointed hand.

I'm glad your holiday was nice, even if it was hectic. Congrats on having the fortitude to stay on line AND score a laptop.

Godelieve said...

Fabulous set of tags Laura! And what a wonderful surprise for your daughter!