Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Crafty Planner


I've been eyeing up this binder for quite awhile now and to be honest I never bought it because it was just too expensive. But a few weeks ago I spotted it in the clearance area for under $5 and it made its way home with me.


Here's what it looks like all closed up. I liked the translucent cover, brown spine, and light blue elastic band. Liked the D ring inside. Didn't like that the rings have a non standard placement so you need to buy a separate Martha punch to get holes in whatever you're putting in the binder. Liked the graph paper booklet inside. Didn't like that it's staple bound and therefore wouldn't lay open flat on the craft table.


I never bought the punch, but I might if it gets moved to clearance for the right price. Instead I exacto cut out one of the sheets of graph paper and used it as a guide for a regular hole punch to punch the papers. And I gave myself permission to de-hoard a good portion of my Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday papers to make some cool dividers for my categories.


I liked the graph paper idea and took some of my own loose leaf graph paper, cut it down, and punched the holes to fit paper in each section. I used my Stampin' Up! tab punch for the tabs.


We don't have a laptop, just a desktop, and it is not in my craft area. I'm going to keep this by the computer to jot down sketches, color combos, and other ideas, and then move the papers out and back in as I need to.

8 comments:

JeanFB said...

Wow, what a fabulous idea! This is soooo amazing - so cute, colorful, cheerful. Wonderful work.

Julie said...

What a great planner, Laura! I just got when that I'd ordered--I love it! You get to decorate the whole thing. Haven't started doing that yet, though, so thanks for the inspiration!

Amy said...

I love this idea! So cute!!

Laural-Lee said...

This is a fantastic idea!!! I'd love to make these for my kids as they get older. Love the cosmo paper you used. I'll be looking at binders in whole new light!! TFS

~amy~ said...

such a cute idea...love it!

Angelnorth said...

Great binder, it looks so happy and colourful - love it!

Jessica said...

TFS!! Great idea :) I've always wondered what it actually looked like inside?? Love how you embellished it.

Silvergirl said...

Oh how fun! I really loved your idea... and HAD to check out the clearance at my Michaels. I'm so glad I did and snagged one of these myself. You're so inspiring! I can't wait to make my own "Laura" notebook!

Hugs,
lise