Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Guy Cards

Every so often I go through my card stash to see what I'm short on, and its always guy cards.

Here are a few I made to try to build my stash back up.



For this one I used some rub ons from 7 Gypsies and Making Memories and stamps from CHF's Silhouette Train. Its supposed to read Birthday Time AGAIN?


This one is really simple, and uses a stamp by Sara England that will be released next week. One thing I've found whenever I ask my husband to pick out a birthday card for his dad or brother is that he always gravitates towards the simplest cards. These Sara Englands are a nice size that fill up the face of the card so you don't need much else. I did a little watercoloring with Distress inks and used my new Herringbone Cuttlebug folder, which I think is going to become a favorite.

Supplies: October Afternoon patterned paper and die cut; 7 Gypsies birthday rub on; Making Memories rub on alphas; Cornish Heritage Farms Silhouette Train stamps; Bazzill textured cardstock; Sara England Gone Fishing stamp; CHF Fathers Day Centers sentiment; Fabriano watercolor paper; Staz On Timber Brown; Ranger Distress inks; Cuttlebug Herringbone embossing folder

3 comments:

Julie said...

These are wonderful, Laura! I need to work on my man-card skills! I've been a bit on the fluffy side of cardmaking, lately!

Thanks for coming for a repeat visit and seeing that I'm not loopy--(my Domestic Bliss card!) Not quite sure what happened when I wrote up the post--I remember uploading the picture...oh, well! These things just happen! Hope you're having a fabulous day!

Jessica said...

These are perfect!! Love them both, Laura!! I think that were I always fall short also. As a matter of fact I think I only have one or two cards. So you've inspired me to get with it. TFS!!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the houndstooth!