Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Get Sketchy #12 With a Touch of Plum


Its been awhile since I've played along with the sketch challenges over at Get Sketchy. Its good to be back! I was looking at it this morning and thought about what could be the rectangle in the middle, and right away I realized that I could flip the sketch and use The Bee List along with Sweet Bee. Usually I use red or pink for the accents but I've had plum on the brain from the current Moxie Fab challenge and it looks so much better this way. Purple is the natural opposite of yellow. The border of the Bee List and the little checklist squares are also outlined in plum, though it came out blackish in the photo.


Supplies: Cornish Heritage Farms Sweet Bee and The Bee List stamps; Speckletone cardstock; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Grape Jelly ink; Memento and Copic markers

14 comments:

Julie said...

What a beautiful card, Laura! I haven't used my bees yet--been very Halloween & Christmas-minded lately--you're inspiring me...as always!

Thanks for the your visit today!

~amy~ said...

FABulous as always Laura!!! Nice mix of challenges...love your take on the sketch!

Tracy said...

this is lovely, Laura! I like the purples!

Kathy said...

beautiful card...love all the different elements and stunning design!

Laurel said...

Great job with both challenges!

Winter said...

So pretty! Congrats on your Tuesday Trigger win! :)

JeanFB said...

This is so pretty! Love all the dimension you gave it (the bee just pops, and love the willow in the background!) and the wonderful color combo!

Dora said...

I'm in love with your style, and this cards makes me smile!
beautiful

FresaBonita said...

Fabulous.. !!

Cheryl Nelson said...

super cute!! love it!

Ann said...

LOVE this, Laura! Thanks for playing with us at Get Sketchy!

Jessica said...

This card is so pretty!!! I love little bees... just perfect :)

Bree said...

this is just lovely,
Thanks for playing with us at GetSketchy!

Cath said...

Hey Laura! Thanks for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)