Thursday, November 19, 2009

Everything But The Kitchen Sink Sketch Challenge

I'm happy to get a chance to play along with this super cool new challenge blog, Everything But The Kitchen Sink. I missed their tp and junk mail challenges, but this sketch was too good to pass up.

I altered a tiny composition book that I found at the office supply store. I thought it would be nice to have a little notebook for lists and holiday organizing. Its around this time every year that I start wishing for a new planner, but I have to wait until January. Not this year, this fun little book will tide me over!


The face of the notebook, excluding the binding, measures 3" x 4 1/2" so it was easy to cut the Eskimo Kisses papers into 1" x 1 1/2" pieces and use Mod Podge to seal them to the cover. The center image is from the Calendar Year Scrapblock that Cornish Heritage Farms will release tomorrow.

And here is how I finished the back.


Supplies: CHF Calendar Year Scrapblock; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses patterned papers; Matte Finish Mod Podge; mini composition book.

12 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

That is way too cute! I love it! That paper is divine. I think you picked my favorite for the back!

Nicole Maki said...

This is so cute!

About two years ago I made a tiny altered notebook for my purse and it was a life saver during the holiday season - but I'm pretty low tech :-)

Love the deer on the back. So cute.

Julie said...

Your notebook is beyond adorable, Laura! I love it!

~amy~ said...

darling Laura...you certainly can't go wrong with Eskimo Kisses!

Angelnorth said...

Super cute notebook - hope it helps you get organised!

Brenda said...

super cute!!!

travelingmama said...

I LOVE this!! What a great take on the sketch!

Ann said...

Eeee! This is adorable, Laura! Thanks for playing along! :D

Winter said...

So cute! What a great idea! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Jessica said...

I just really love this notebook, Laura!!! The paper works great and the challenge, "what challenge" no one would've suspected this was created for a challenge :) TFS!!!

Julia Stainton said...

This is so super sweet Laura! Love it!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love this little book! It is so cute!