Friday, October 30, 2009

Tuesday Trigger


I'm tuesday triggering again, thanks to the wonderful inspiration piece pictured below that was submitted by Courtney Baker. I made these 3" x 3", and decided to make 3 of them. These seemed like cards I'd reach for a lot so if the stuff's already out why not make more than 1?


and here is how I finished the inside


Supplies: Cornish Heritage Farms Aged Sheet Music Scrapblock, Tree Swallows Silhouette, and Classic Essential Expressions sentiment; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves inks; Bazzill textured grey cardstock; Speckletone Madera Beach (thanks Amy T for the awesome recommendation of this cardstock!!!)

16 comments:

JeanFB said...

Love these, Laura! This is one of my all-time favorite CHF stamps, and you have used it beautifully!

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness....love it for its simplicity and design.

Julie said...

I love these beautiful birdie notes, Laura! Just perfect!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Lovely notes! The vintage look is great!

Laural-Lee said...

These are cute and I love your take on the trigger. Two birds instead of owls is a fantastic sub. I like how you used the subtle green for the music notes.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

so classic and fabulous!! those birds are divine!! LOOOOOOOOOOVE your take on the inspiration!!

Cath said...

I just love these cards, Laura! Cool stamp, cool background paper, cool color combo, and a great play on words on the inside of the cards! You rock, girlfriend!

Jessica said...

Oh, my!!! I love them. Love the size, simplicity, elegance and of course their color. Great take on the challenge, Laura!!

Winter said...

So pretty! :)

Vanessa said...

These are so elegant and beautiful! Love them!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Amy said...

Laura, these are so cute!! Don't you just love that color palette!? Perfect interpretation! Thanks for the sweet comments on my card, too! Yes, it is the apron punch - I have a xmas tree version as well - there's a link in the text from the owl card - take a look! Glad it was inspiring! I'm following you now, too!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh wow... I love it. That paper + those birds - fantastic!

Deanna said...

These are beautiful Laura!

Kathy said...

HI Laura,
I wanted to stop by and say congrats to you...I Love your elegant card with bird and the music note background is perfect. Fondly,kathy

terisplace said...

Hi Laura,
Fab stuff!
I love seeing your work.
It makes me happy!

Have a happy Tuesday,
Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal