Sunday, October 11, 2009

Swirling Snowflakes Sneak Peek


Cornish Heritage Farms is releasing a new Backgrounder stamp on friday called Swirling Snowflakes.

I've had this stamp for a few weeks now and tried some different things with it, like white embossing, resist with glimmer mist, vellum embossing. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it will look great stamped white on acetate! I got these Making Memories chipboard flowers from the Mistletoe collection and I was looking at them with their cream background and black accents and I thought, just stamp the snowflakes black on cream. So that's how I came up with this one. It reminds me of ornamental iron stamped in black like this. And Fabritac is the best adhesive I've found for a card like this. I used it to adhere the ribbon to the cardstock, and then I also added some to attach the chipboard stickers to the ribbon. It feels very sturdy. Nothing ruins the charm of a handmade card like the recipient taking it out of the envelope and all of the pieces falling off, right?

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Supplies: Cornish Heritage Farms Swirling Snowflakes backgrounder stamp and sentiment from Mona Lisa Moments Vintage Christmas Expressions; Cornish Heritage Farms Simply Smooth Vanilla cardstock; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Martha Stewart Crafts Evergreen Woodgrain ribbon; Making Memories Mistletoe chipboard stickers; Bazzill Basics textured taupe cardstock; All Night Media pop dots.

7 comments:

Lou said...

very pretty!

Karrie Baker said...

Pretty card Laura!!

JeanFB said...

Love this, Laura!

Laural-Lee said...

Love the velvet ribbon!!! Great card Laura

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card...love that ribbon!

Tiff said...

My goodness, this is pretty!

sarahmartina said...

WOAH! Look at that gorgeous ribbon! Love this card! So elegant...