Sunday, October 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog on the Papertrey October hop.

I received some wonderful sets of Papertrey stamps a few weeks ago as a prize from the Moxie Fab blog and this seemed like a great way to break them in. This is a holiday themed hop and the sets I got were all holiday related so it was hard to choose, but this sweet Santa from Believe won out.

I have a confession to make. I don't mass produce Christmas cards. I order the photo cards. I have little kids and I really think that people want to see photos of the kids, so I order 75-100 photo cards and we send them to everyone we know. I do hand make cards for immediate family and close friends. I probably need 15-20 handmade cards so I just take my time and they're all different and I really enjoy making them.

This little card would be easy and fairly inexpensive to mass produce if you wanted to. The stamp set is a bargain at $15 and you only need a 2" x 4" strip of the glitter paper for the face of each card. The Santas are fun to color and easy to cut out, and except for the pop dot under the present the card is flat so it will hold up well in the mail.

My tip for holiday cards - don't be afraid to make little 4" x 4"'s like this one. During the holidays when people are getting lots of cards and they're lining them up on the fireplace mantel and running out of room the big ones will go in the back. Cute little dinkers like this will always get a spot up front!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Papertrey Ink Believe stamps; Papertrey Ink Rustic White cardstock; Making Memories Autumn Splendor specialty paper; Neenah Solar White cardstock; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics.

44 comments:

Jessica said...

Super cute!! And I so agree with you small cards are great even for the holidays. I am making quite a few tiny ones myself.

Natasha said...

Love this wonderful design!

Steph said...

Great card and tip on the small cards but what got me with this one is your colouring!! Wow. I am new to colouring (so new I bought some Copics but haven't actually tried them) and this gets me really excited!! Tfs.

Stampin' Pam said...

This is adorable - love tiny cards BTW and I also still use photo cards and don't hand make cards for the "masses".

Jen said...

Wow! I think it's wonderful that you make each card differently. This one is gorgeous...I love that santa!

Catherine Doucette said...

This is just lovely!

Latisha said...

I don't mass produce either, it zaps my creativity, so I start making them in Oct.
Your card is gorgeous, thanks for sharing it

Nicole Maki said...

I just adore the colors you used on this card. Gorgeous!

Heidi said...

That's so cute! I love the background too.

Kelly S. said...

OMG the colors on decorative paper on this are FAB! Love the coloring, too...and makes me want to go get out Believe Santa myself...love his little blue box (is it from Tiffany's?!)

Kelly S. said...

PS...I just read your "story" and I do exactly (and I mean EXACTLY!)the same thing...so much fun that way...plus our kids make for some great eye candy, too...hee!

Tiffany Heilman said...

oh very cute. I love the color combo and the clean layout!

Deanna said...

Stunning!

lynn said...

love your coloring! tfs!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so beautiful!!

Rebecca said...

I like the smaller, square size. It suits your card perfectly. I really like that you used the rustic white instead of regular white. It's perfect for this card!

Melissa said...

Great job--your coloring is excellent! A good idea about the little cards in the front too!

Lori said...

Such a pretty card!

Michelle said...

Nice card - - and great suggestion on the alternate/smaller size too.

Tenia Nelson said...

This cards totally rocks!!! tfs!!

BethieJ said...

What a CUTE card!! Great job!!

Bonnie said...

Perfect!! Love it!

kimosabescraps said...

very nice.. love the colors!!

Karli said...

Yes, I totally agree with you! Wonderful job with the challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

Marge said...

This is just BEYOND CUTE & I LOVE your 4x4 idea for the upfront status it will assure -- smart girl!!!

Sue Pardue said...

Love the card!

Lizzie Jones said...

Welcome to the blog hop! This card is super cute. I love that jolly little Santa Claus! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Such a sweet card. Your Santa is so beautifully colored. I like your idea for tiny Christmas cards!

clouds shadler said...

Laura, this card is so cute, love the santa, very well done. You are right, the smaller cards get put up front on the mantel piece!

Hugs
Clouds :D

peggysue said...

I think that you have a great idea for how to conduct this, don't stress yourself too much, a few handmade cards and then the photo cards. I think your coloring looks so nice on this Santa. Cute card!

resmith said...

Such a pretty card!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very beautiful card! Congrats on your winnings from the Moxie Fab site! I am so glad you used your stamps! :)

Babies- Beth said...

Welcome to PTI and the Blog Hop! You made such a cute little card, and I love the size!

Dru said...

This is adorable. I love tiny cards, and I too do not mass produce. I'm too easily bored with the same look and process. Really Great card!

Karen said...

Love this card. You "inspired" me to order the Believe set which I have coveted for a year now, but this sent me over the edge!

~amy~ said...

excellent card..love the colors...they are sooo striking!!

Aimes said...

What a lovely card - I love that Santa! Super colouring!
TFS!
Aimes
x

Liz said...

Great job! Congrats on winning the stamps from Moxie Fab!

Cammie said...

So glad you participated in the blog hop. Your card is gorgeous. I love the colors. Great tip on the small cards.

chelemom said...

This is adorable!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Doesn't it feel good to reveal your secret. I'll give you mine... I didn't send out ANY last year :).

Dana said...

Wow, the red, cream and aqua colors look so fantastic together! Very cute!! I'm totally with you - I'd rather make small individual cards than mass produce the same designs :)

Tiff said...

I have that paper and it hasn't been touched! I LOVE YOUR CARD :)

Susan said...

So cute!! I love this card. I confess that I too send out photo cards for the holidays! Heehee!