Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gingersnap Thanks


My entry for this week's challenge at Gingersnap, which is to create a thankful themed card. I know a poppy isn't really seasonally appropriate, but I just got this Perfect Poppies stamp and I can't wait until May. What's the country song? It's 5 o'clock somewhere. It's poppy season somewhere. I tried to show in the 2nd photo that there is a 2nd layer to the flower. I stamped and colored the flower again, then just cut out the center petals, curled them up a little, and attached them to the flower. My natural material is the cork. I found it at the craft store sold in sheets that are thin and sturdy, but also flexible. Perfect for cards! The sentiment is from the Cornish Heritage Farms Mothers Day Centers set. It is stamped on a die cut from one of the Making Memories Vintage Findings kits.


7 comments:

Godelieve said...

Love this Laura! I always love red and green together in cardmaking. Great use of the cork!

Julie said...

Good morning, Laura! BEAUTIFUL card! Love the layer of cork--great idea! Okay, here's a funny conincidence...I've been planning to sow some poppy seeds today! Seriously! So it IS poppy time somewhere! Love the layering on the poppy, too, and the saying on the card is wonderful...

JeanFB said...

Gorgeous - the cork adds something so unexpected and special!

Courtney Baker said...

This is way cute. Love the colors and those poppys!

Jessica said...

Lovely card, Laura!! I really like the cork. As far as the poppy I totally hear ya... when there's a new stam you just have to ink it up- it's nature :)

~amy~ said...

gorgeous....love the pop of the poppy:)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This card is stunning Laura! The red pops out very nicely.