Friday, October 23, 2009

for the Queen


Cornish Heritage Farms released a new stamp set last week in the Rummage Bin line called A Royal Birthday. This little project was totally cupcake inspired. My grocery store has started selling fancy cupcakes in 4-packs and since I have a family of 4 they are finding their way into my cart. I made this little cupcake topper by gold embossing the crown stamp and backing it with Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses patterned paper cut with my Nesties Pinking Circles die. There is a toothpick sandwiched between 2 layers of the patterned paper but I'm wondering if you really need that if you squish the topper into the frosting like I did. I'll have to investigate this further!

So I made this and my daughter was so surprised when she got home from school and opened the refrigerator looking for a snack. "Mom, what's this!? Can I eat this?"

Happy Friday, everyone!

4 comments:

Godelieve said...

Fabulous cupcake topper!!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh so cute! Neat idea too.

JeanFB said...

This is such a great idea, Laura!! And good luck with your further cupcake "research" - it will probably take lots of investigation, LOL!

Julie said...

I love this, Laura! Such a fun treat for your girl! Hope my set arrives today............!