Sunday, October 4, 2009

Challenge Tags


So yesterday after blogging and blurfing and doing some mommy stuff I decided just for fun to play along with some of the Odd Bird Challenges for World Cardmaking Day. Kim's challenge was to make a tag and I remembered this tag ring (on the right) which I started back on Earth Day for some Earth Day challenges. There was still more room and more tags so I thought I'd add to it. I was also very inspired by a set of cards my friend, Emilia, made for WCMD and I thought I would try to work in her style of light stamping and just focus on the images and not get caught up in a bunch of techniques and embellishments and stuff.

So here are the first 3:


First tag is for Godelieve's challenge to make a card with a pumpkin, and also doubling with Kim's challenge to make a tag. I used Claire Pumpkin Bird left and right, Birdie Feet sentiment, and Teresa's Bag. And, another Emilia technique, drawing on the images to customize them I drew the little candy corn trio!

Next tag is for Tiff's challenge - woodgrain. Another Emilia technique is masking. The fence is actually 4 single Kelly's Wooden Door stamps masked together, and another mask to get the owl in the hole peeking out.

3rd tag is for Teresa's challenge - Pink Polka Dot. Stamps are Teresa's Banner, Merry Troupe, Circle Dot Cake, and Felicitations sentiment.

Last 2:

The tag on the left is for Karrie's 3 Circle challenge. This topiary stamp only has 2 bubbles. I drew the top one. The last tag is a combo of 3 challenges - Tracy's ribbon and button challenge, Marnie's 3 patterned papers challenge, and Dianne's chipboard challenge. The stamp, Magpie definition, of course made me think of all of the Sassafrass products I'm hoarding so I used my Sassafrass papers and button flower, with a ribbon stem and the tag itself is made from a chipboard back of a paper pack.

9 comments:

Godelieve said...

Fabulous!! What a terrific idea to make a bunch of tags, looks sooo good!

We both deserve a medal for doing all the OBP challenges :) Well, I hope I didn't forget one...

Dianne said...

I love that you did the challenges on tags...you're a genius! It will make a wonderful little tag album too!

Geralyn Gray said...

What a great way to celebrate-----Happy Cardmaking day!!!!!!

Karrie Baker said...

Look at you go! Love your tags!

Nicole Maki said...

I just LOVE your tags.

It's funny, I've been playing around lately with more stamping techniques and less layers and product too. It's very satisfying.

All your tags are beautiful.

Kim said...

Squeeeeaaaal!! These are amazing! And what a totally fun idea to keep the challenges on tags...I'm so copying this for future projects! LOL! :-)

Teresa said...

These are brilliant! Looks like you had a wonderful WCMD.

JeanFB said...

Aaah, so refreshing to see just stamps and colors! You made these beautiful - no need for embellies!

Tracy Durcan said...

THese are really fabulous!! I saw pictures of them in the flickr group as well and they look so cool on the ring!! The cat and fish one is super funny :)