Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cards for Kate

Have you heard about the Cards for Kate drive?

I found out about this on Jennifer McGuire's blog. A 5 year old girl named Kate McRae is undergoing aggressive treatment for a brain tumor. Jennifer, along with Jana Millen and Kristina Proffitt, are collecting handmade cards to ship to the family and brighten their days. The family has a website www.prayforkate.com which I just checked and it looks like the doctors are giving them some positive news!

Anyway, I made these cards for Kate and her 7 year old sister. I'm pulling 2 from my stash for Kate's brother and parents. I used a template that was designed by Debbie Olson and posted on the Papercrafts website. I've been meaning to try this for months now and I think I'll definitely be making some more of these! The patterned papers are K&Co Wild Raspberry and the cards are perfectly sized for an A2 envelope.

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely darling Laura...the girls will love them!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

These dress cards are amazing! Love the patterned papers you used!

Tracy said...

so very cute!!

Laural-Lee said...

These are absolute adorable! The girls will love to receive them!! You might even inspire them to create their own. Wow....amazing!

Jessica said...

These cards are lovely!!! The girls will be thrilled when they receive these :)

clouds shadler said...

They are gorgeous Laura, I really like the little card dresses, hehe, love the PP you used too!

Hugs
Clouds :D

ryannmarin said...

These are so precious!