Sunday, September 20, 2009

Caardvarks Sketchfest

















Today is the first day of Caardvarks Sketchfest. I was on the fence about playing along with this. Sometimes I'm hit and miss with working with sketches. But what the heck, here goes!






















A sketch a day for 7 days with a chance at some awesome prizes. Loving the first sketch, and I think I sort of followed it.

I used the Stitches Scrapblock stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms, a Jenni Bowlin die cut, Prima bling and flowers, and Cornish Heritage Farms sentiment from the Sew Special stamp set. I stamped in Memories Artprint Brown and gave both the background and the die cut a spritz of Tattered Angels Suede Glimmer Mist, which I've tried to show in the last photo. Glimmer Mist is always a challenge to photograph but looks so awesome in real life.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

13 comments:

Adela said...

Gorgeous flowers, beautiful card! Great job with the challenge!

SmilynStef said...

So glad you decided to join the sketchfest ... your first card is fantastic ... love that background.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Gorgeous card!

Nicole Maki said...

Stunning card. I love the background and those flowers are beautiful.

BrendaB said...

That is just beautiful! I love that background stitch stamp!

~amy~ said...

wow laura...your card turned out spectacular!!! I love it!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Just beautiful! LOVE the background...a really wonderful take on the sketch!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card!

Kathi said...

Looks gorgeous!

Jana said...

Beautiful card. Love all the details.

lauren said...

hit or miss??!??!?! i seriously doubt it...but even if that were true...THIS amazing card is definitely a big, BIIIIIG hit!!!!!!! (love it!) :)

Julia Stainton said...

This is so fun Laura! I just love your style and how you put the stitches on the diagonal...brilliant!

Nathalia Castellon said...

Well this is a definite HIT! You created a really unique card that displays your own personal style perfectly! :)