Friday, September 18, 2009

The Bracket Block, and another peek


A new Cornish Heritage Farms scrapblock is being released today, the Bracket Block. It is 6" x 6", and perfect for both scrapbook pages and cards. This is a Christmas card, of course, and I have a confession to make. I don't send out handmade Christmas cards! We do the photo cards. When you have little kids I think people want to see current photos of the kids. I order 75 or 100 photo cards and just send them to everyone we know. I do hand make maybe 15-20 Christmas cards to give to immediate family, crafty friends, and if we're giving a gift of cash or a gift card which we do a lot I'll make a special card for that. This card, which is 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" is a perfect size card to hold the gift of cash. When someone gives you a tall card like this don't you just think "oh, cash!"? LOL! The ribbon (green like $!) is velvet embossed. I bought it this way, but there is a tutorial on the CHF forum on how to do velvet embossing with rubber stamps.

Next card features a new Sara England release that is coming out this week. This is a really sweet image. The other girls on the dt have some some really neat things with this image. It is great to color. You can make the child be a boy or girl. Change the colors of the grass and ground to make it look like different seasons. This is a fun one. And there is another Sara England coming out next week which I guess I'll have to peek over the weekend.



Supplies: (1st card) Cornish Heritage Farms Bracket Block, Rummage Bin Night Before Christmas, Mona Lisa Moments Vintage Christmas Expressions; CHF Simply Smooth White cardstock; Prism grey cardstock; Colorbox Prussion Blue chalk ink; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Martha Stewart velvet embossed ribbon; Making Memories tagmaker rim; Copics; Basic Grey patterned paper (from Ambrosia 6x6 pack); (2nd card) Cornish Heritage Farms Sara England Walk In the Woods stamp, Mona Lisa Moments Doggie Expressions sentiment; Jenni Bowlin Studios Varsity patterned papers; Jenni Bowlin tag; American Crafts brad; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 2; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; CHF Simply Smooth whte cardstock; Prism grey cardstock


5 comments:

Ann said...

Fabulous! I love the velvet ribbon!

Deanne K said...

Awesome - love that ribbon!

clouds shadler said...

very beautiful cards Laura! the ribbon is fab and the LO rocks!

hugs
Clouds :D

Jessica said...

I love both your cards Laura!!! And it's true a tall cards always makes me think cash LOL The little boy and doggy card is my favorite.Maybe because I love dogs and this one even looks like a Lab which is one of my favorite breeds :)

~amy~ said...

fabulous cards laura...I LOVE that scrapblock!!