Saturday, August 22, 2009

Get Sketchy #2


What a happy surprise to see my Get Sketchy card from last week made it to the top 5. And my amigo Tiff won the grand prize!

So I'm back with a card for the week 2 sketch. I thought this would be a good opportunity to try a fan fold flower. I followed this tutorial on SCS (I won't step it out for you b/c the SCS tutorial/video do it better than I ever could) and used some older Karen Foster patterned paper and the Fiskars Apron Lace punch. The pretty stamp centering the flower is from Pink Persimmon. And I'm really excited about the SU! Basic Gray cardstock pack I just got. I've been a longtime lover of kraft but now I'm thinking that gray may be the new kraft.



Happy weekend!

Supplies: Pink Persimmon Flower Greetings, Fiskars Apron Lace punch, Magenta Stickles, American Crafts textured white cardstock, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, SEI ribbon, SU! Basic Gray cardstock.

14 comments:

Nicole Maki said...

Congratulations on the top five and I adore your card. I've been meaning to try that tutorial and haven't made the time - maybe soon :-)

I could totally see gray being the new kraft - it has such a fresh look to it.

Ann said...

Such a fabby take on the sketch, Laura! So glad you played along with us!

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful flower. Thanks for the link on the tutorial Congrats on the top 5.

I'll be disappointed if I don't get to use the Kraft paper that I finally got around to buying...LOL

Dora said...

You deserve it to be in the top 5! This card again it's a beauty! And that flowers it gorgeous!
thns for playing!

Liszha said...

Gorgeous card. I made a flower like that myself from this tutorial. Love what you did with it.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

fabulous card, the flower really pops, I luv it!

enjoy *~*

~amy~ said...

woot woot for making the top 5 Laura!!! I was thrilled to read your name :) Thanks for playing again and wowza...lovin' your take on GS#2!!! That fan fold flower totally rocks and is such a pretty focal point on your card...btw, I'm a kraft lover too and I've been totally digging the SU Basic Gray too...gorgeous color, isn't it?!

Bree said...

Wow girl.. this card is smokin hot... I love it.
Love that medallion with the sentiment,,, so simple and completely stunning.
Thanks for playing with us at Get Sketchy!

Angèle said...

Again this card is FAB! I love it!
Congrats for making the top5 and thanks fot playing with GS

tiffguam said...

WOWzers!!!! This is ROCKIN!

itsabrt said...

What a stunning look you've created! BR-T

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

this is incredible!

Deanne K said...

This is so pretty! You did a great job!

Kathi said...

Congrats on the top 5.

Cool flower. I'll have to check out the tutorial.