Thursday, August 20, 2009

Etsy Inspired #49



My card for this week's Etsy Inspired challenge.

The shop featured this week is Melissa Kate. I picked these adorable lovebirds as my inspiration piece and used some oldie but goodie stamps from Odd Bird Planet. The birds and birdbath are 3 separate images so I did some masking to bring them together which I stepped out here.





First stamp each bird on a post it note with as much of the image as you can get on the sticky edge. Cut out each mask. Since the little guy is in front he gets stamped first, then masked, then the bigger birdie gets stamped. Now mask the bigger birdie and stamp the birdbath. Easy!

Now that I've made these masks I can keep them in my stamp binder with the stamps and use them over and over. If I wanted more stuff stamped in the background I would have to cut out the complete image, but for this card the partial cut is fine.

Supplies: Odd Bird Planet Birdbath, Large Sleeper Left, Small Sleeper Right, Lovebirds sentiment; Making Memories Paperie Journal paper.


8 comments:

~amy~ said...

sweet card...or should I type...tweet card...great job on the masking!

de said...

I LOVE this Laura! Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Karrie Baker said...

Very nice!!

clouds shadler said...

ooh this is very cute Laura! I like the birdies on the bird bath! sweet!

Clouds :D

Tenia Nelson said...

Nice!!!!

tiffguam said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! Thanks for playing along with EIC AND congrats of your TOP 5 win over at Get Sketchy!

Ashley said...

Really cute card! I love the birds! They are so sweet! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

Kathi said...

The sleeper birds are probably in my top 10 favorite OBP stamps.

Great scene and card!