Monday, July 20, 2009

Triple the Sketch

My take on the sketch challenge this week at Triple the Sketch.

They're celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Layers of Color, and since I have the Polka Dot Parade stamp set from Layers of Color I had to play along.

We made this Red Velvet cake a few months ago from a recipe I found in Cooks Illustrated.  So good!  I can't believe I didn't make this sooner.  Red Velvet is a Pennsylvania Dutch staple around my area, maybe that's why.  I don't scrapbook nearly as much as I used to, and still should be, so this was fun.

Happy anniversary to Layers of Color!

Supplies:  Making Memories Shimmer Chipboard, Layers of Color stamps, Karen Russell Narratives patterned papers.

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yum is right...looks delish! Great LO!

Perky Nihilist said...

MMMMM. That looks delicious.

Laura said...

What a delicious use of the delightful stamps! Scrumdiddlyumpsious!!

Ann said...

Yummers! Love this fun LO!

laury55 said...

great page...love your handwriting.The cake looks delicious!

Tiff said...

Oh geez....this looks terrific, the cake and layout! It's never too early for cake right?

Heidi Van Laar said...

What a fabulous LO! Fab looking cake too!

Big congrats on your MFW win!

(-: Heidi

Gloria Stengel said...

Fab page and yummy looking cake. I miss Red Velvet cake since I don't live in PA any more where someone brings it to every party!

Thanks for playing along at Triple the Sketch!

- DT Gloria

Patter Cross said...

Wow, Laura, GREAT page with the sketch, and that cakes looks SO yummy! Wish I liked to cook. LOL! Glad to have you playing along with us!!!