Sunday, July 19, 2009

Traveling Mama #3


My card for this week's inspiration challenge at Traveling Mama.


Here is the inspiration photo (click to make full sized).  Which reminds me that I need to do a better job of taking the camera with us to the beach and to the pool!

Here are the stamps I used, and as you can see I did some minor alterations.  












The sentiment was easy, I just inked up "hey" and left out the "chickadee".


Then with the patterned paper I wanted the anchor and the seaweed, but had to do some piecing to get a few of the subs into the scene.





For the submarine I made a mask to get the head of the plumber bird into the porthole.  This is my "go to" guy for driving the sub.  I think he looks very official.  I'd feel safe in that sub with him behind the wheel.

Oh, and for the sentiment I used a white Signo pen to fill in the letters and drew the bubbles with a Sharpie.  For the seaweed I added some green stickles.




Supplies:  Odd Bird Planet stamps - Submarine, Hey Chickadee (retired), Piper Piping With Faucet; K&Co Daydream patterned paper, white Signo Gel pen, Lime Green Stickles, Neenah Solar White cardstock, Copics, The Paper Company kraft cardstock.




9 comments:

Sam said...

Your card is adorable Laura, and that paper you have used in the background is wonderful!

Best wishes :-).

~amy~ said...

adorable...perfectly fun take on the inspiration!!

clouds shadler said...

oh my gosh! this is so adorable! I love it! the chicken in the submarine is too cute! hehe, awesome card!

Clouds :D

Tiff said...

Everyone's using that paper! I need some now...lol!

travelingmama said...

Oh my goodness! This is just SOOOO cute!!! I love it! I love how you used the water for inspiration!
Hugs from Morocco!

Winter said...

So cute! Love the stamps!

Lauren said...

I love this card! I really like the shape of it, I need to experiment with that some - all of my cards are boring rectangles. Cute!!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

VERY cute! The paper & the stamp I'd never seen before, but now I have to track down.

Likes Chocolate said...

Darling!