Saturday, July 25, 2009

Poppy Stamps

I picked up these Poppy Stamps a few weeks ago, and shame on me for waiting so long to ink them up. They posted a color challenge on their blog - orange, baby blue, and green - and that seemed like as good a reason as any to break them in.

This is just a little notecard about 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" made from a scrap of watercolor paper.  The coloring is done by watercoloring with Distress inks.  Just dab an aqua brush on the ink pad, start light and gradually build up the color to the intensity you want it to be.  Even the flesh tones and cheeks are done with Tattered Rose Distress ink.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend.

Supplies:  Poppy Stamps (Teresa Tea Time, Small Pooch); A Muse Artstamps sentiment; Fabriano watercolor paper; Staz-On black ink; Ranger Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Tattered Rose)

5 comments:

Ann said...

Entirely too cute!

Lauri said...

Oh I love these stamps!!!! I need to get more...I want every one of them!!!! I love how you watercolored the background!

tiffguam said...

I really am in love with these stamps! I'm not one for ppl stamps, but these are just charming! Great coloring job too!

Patter Cross said...

Laura, this turned out ADORABLE! Love what you did with the challenge and Poppy Stamps. Thanks for playing along and always leaving your sweet comments. You are truly appreciated! Have a great night!

Karrie Baker said...

So Cute!! I love these stamps!!