Sunday, July 12, 2009

Etsy Inspired #44


My entry for this week's Etsy Inspired challenge.  The shop this week is Verbena Custom Blends.  Look at this wonderful tub of pink fluffy marshmallow creme cupcake scented hair conditioner they sell!  I picked the Odd Bird Planet Christmas Cupcake because it is the cupcake with the most frosting that OBP sells.  Piled high - just like the tub of conditioner.  I used my new Spica pens to color the cupcake and the background (also an OBP stamp).  I only bought 4 Spicas - Blossom, Buttermilk, Red, and Clear.  They have a really pretty frostiness, but as I found from doing this card all you really need is clear.  My pics are a little washed out looking today.  Sorry about that.  I tried to make the ribbon look like ribbon that's wrapped around a box of candy.

In other news I went to a Stampin' Up! open house today.  I would've loved to stay the afternoon and done the stamp-a-stack, but my husband and daughter had Phillies tickets and I was stuck home with my little guy.  I bought him with me, b/c my plan was to just order a few packs of cardstock (kraft and basic gray, I'm so crazy!).  He was running around and into everything the minute we walked in the door - I was mortified!  Now a few months ago he would've been shy and hung on my leg the whole time but not anymore.  He's a true 2 year old now!

Details:  Odd Bird Planet Christmas Cupcake and Candy and Cookies stamps; Making Memories ephemera from Vintage Findings pack; Papertrey Ink Soft Stone cardstock; Neenah Solar White cardstock; Making Memories ribbon; Copics; Spica pens

9 comments:

de said...

Wow! Amazing take on the challenge! I LOVE what you created! Thanks for playing EIC 44!

Ann said...

OMG, Laura, this is fabulous! I absolutely LOVE it and think it's a perfect take on the challenge! you rocked it, girl!

Tiff said...

OH OH OH I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It's perfect!!!!

Tiff said...

I just realized you made that background paper yourself!!!! WOW! I posted it to our EIC PCP group :)

~amy~ said...

such a fun card Laura!!!

travelingmama said...

I am so glad to have found your blog via your comment! I love your work! This card is adorable!
Hugs from Morocco!

hemidemisemiquaver said...

adorable card! It will be so much fun to teach at the same event! YAY!

Ashley said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I love all the stamping and the awesome details!

Oh, and I have a 2 year old too. I remember the sweet days when I could take him to the LSS and he'd just sit in the stroller and play. I can't even think about bringing him these days! He'd tear the place apart!

Jacqueline said...

This is soooo gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with EIC!!