Wednesday, July 1, 2009

CHF Color Challenge


Cornish Heritage Farms has a series of challenges that started this week.  While I don't have a whole lot of CHF, I have enough to try to play along.

This is my entry for the first week's coloring challenge.  I'm glad I got this one of of the way.  I love to color, but I flitter around from pencils to copics to watercoloring and never spend enough time on one technique to get good.  Jack of all trades, master of none!  I did watercoloring with distress inks on this vintage-ey image, and the background is also a CHF stamp.  Do you see how its kind of smudgey?  The ink looked dry but I guess it wasn't and I made a big red smudge.  So I had a Pee Wee Herman "I meant to do that" moment and just started smudging up the whole thing to even it out! 

Supplies:  CHF stamps (Laura, Stitches scrapblock), K&Co Blue Awning chipboard frame, Ranger Distress inks

4 comments:

Lottie said...

Oh this is fabulous - I am just joining in to challenge myself and for the fun of it - I am not in league with all your wonderfully talented ladies - but I so admire all you work.

I am glad you posted this on here, as I had read on the forum you had joined in and looked earlier.

Love the soft hues and the frame finishes it off perfectly.

~amy~ said...

Laura....this is really pretty!! Fabulous job!

Perky Nihilist said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card. I think the coloring is fantastic and that frame it the perfect compliment.

I jump from medium to medium when coloring too and I haven't "mastered" any of them. So I'm right there with you :-)

Happy 4th of July weekend.

Ryann said...

Very lovely card. The sky is gorgeous!